BHYC Learn To Sail Program
Bronte Harbour Yacht Club has been sharing the love of boating with the community since 1962. Courses are available for Youth Sailors (6-17 years) and Adults (18 years and older). All instruction is done by Sail Canada certified instructors. CANSail instruction takes place both on shore and on the water. On shore, students will learn sailing theory, rigging and boat maintenance. On the lake, students will receive practical sailing instruction.
- Occurs during the months of July and August.
- Instructional sessions are weekdays including holidays.
- Supervision of students will begin at 9am and end at 4pm.
- If earlier and/or later supervision is required, arrangements can be made
- BHYC Sailing Centre fleet consists of Opti’s, CL 14’s, and 420’s
- Both evening and weekend classes are available.
- Can do the program in either club dinghies or club keelboats
- Club dinghies include 420’s or CL 14’s.
- The keelboat program is based in Sharks a 24 foot yacht.
- Evening classes run Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm to approximately 9pm.
- Class will begin at the main Clubhouse 2514 Lakeshore Road West.
- Weekend sessions are 4 days long.